1.20.2011

*WE HAD SHAWN KEMP BACK THEN...

As I was taking my break from my KOBAYASHI MARU review (in a week, baby!), I turned the TV on to the T'Wolves v Clippers game. 

It took me a while to notice that I am not really into the game, though Love against Griffin is a good match-up for any sports nerd such as myself, but I was actually more excited to see an incredible, spine jarring dunk from Blake Griffin.

Lately, the Griff's been bangin' hard on the rim... And bangin' it in style! It's been a while since I got this pumped up for a dunk from a good in-game dunker. The last time was when I was...


In 2nd grade.

It was the early/mid '90s. The stuff that got kids like me excited were Power Rangers and anything NBA. We played hoops in our leather shoes (holla if you did that!) and did everything with our tongues out (word to MJ).

Kids nowadays think that LeBron's a beast... We got Jordan back then and trust me, LeBron in a King Kong suit got NOTHING on MJ. Nothing! Believe that.


Similarly, kids get all excited about how Griff did this and how Griff did that and how Griff smashed the rim with a baseball bat... 

Kids... We had Shawn Kemp back then.

...And Griff's got NOTHING on the Reign Man. Nothing.

Legend has it that he dunked so hard once that the metal chains sparked up... I believed it when I was a kid, I still believe it now.

THE BEST IN-GAME DUNKER... Ever.






*OBJECTIVELY WRITTEN FROM A 90's KID POINT OF VIEW. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails