4.29.2012

DAY IN THE LIFE: DOIN' IT IN THE... PHILIPPINES?

If you don't know who Bobbito Garcia is then shame on you, son... LOL I'm kidding. In a nutshell he's a New York streetball legend, a DJ, a sneaker designer and connoisseur, an entrepreneur, and an all around cool cat, among other things. If you know your video games - specifically NBA Street, he was there as himself: DJ Cucumber Slice.

Anyway, I've been checking on this Bobbito Garcia project called "Doin' It In The Park" for a minute now. It's a doc on how New York street ball changed the game and the culture of basketball as a whole. So last friday (Manila Time) Bob blasted the trailer on Facebook and Twitter. Yooo... It was bananas!



So as fan and a fellow street baller, I can't help but congratulate him for doing a fine job on the teaser as well as express my excitement for the movie. Here's what I sent him via Twitter *FIXED*:

I never thought the dude would tweet back! SIDEBAR: Just to keep it real, I got starstruck! And I'm a dude that rarely gets high from celebs... Almost never. But Bob is a dude I look up to. Hard not to be all excited. Going back... So yeah, he replied with this:
New York recognize The PI! For real! From one hoop holy land to another, there is no denying the love for the game on both fronts! So I invited him to roll thru our courts:
Dude replied:

#Bookit. Oh ano? Let's make this happen? A local "Doin' It In The Park" viewing party perhaps?!

Haha Let's do it in the Philippines, yo! :)



A day in the life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails