4.11.2012

A DAY IN THE LIFE, Vol. "THE JUDGE'S GAME"

Last night I was chilling at home and Zombieland was on HBO. That movie was chill. Badass, yet cute. The closing credits were rolling already but I didn't want to call it a night just yet.
I didn't notice that there was this coin poking my side until Boardwalk Empire went on - it was my Titan Player's Club poker chip!
I was staring at it and thinking how dope it was for my favorite hoop store and sneaker joint to use a poker chip as their membership token. I was reminded of a movie that I haven't seen in a while - a favorite when I was growing up, and oddly enough, it was about poker.

The movie was ROUNDERS. It starred Matt Damon, John Malkovich, Martin Landau and that guy who played Emilio in Mr. Deeds - John Turturro. That movie taught me very early the principles of the game way before it blew up here in The Philippines.

A minute to learn... A lifetime to master. The judge's game, so they say.

I started rummaging thru my old stash of DVDs to look for it. It's been a while, so I might have misplaced it already.

Anyway, there's this particular scene that I want to share with you. This was right before things went complicated for Matt Damon's character... And, well, without giving away too much, this scene demonstrated the beauty and complexity of the sport.



Shuffle up and deal! And hey, if you're looking for someone to fill a spot in your table... You know where to find me. Holla!


A day in the life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails