7.16.2011

8 MINUTES /// THE KOBE BRYANT TAKE EVERY ADVANTAGE TOUR


I still feel the electricity running thru me. That's why it took me a minute to compose myself and blog about the event. So I apologize for the delay. Clutch, though.

Alright, the story went like this: Marc, Martin, Kris and Mackie got stuck in traffic - you can just imagine the congestion along Cubao - While I, on the other hand, was waiting for them at the Big Dome.

It was 5 minutes till showtime when the boys showed up. We rushed the turnstiles, blitzed the crowd, and ran full speed inside Araneta, only to realize that we were at the WRONG LEVEL!

So we stormed down the stairs, tackled the security, and ran at top gear! At this point the bass were already banging, the crowd was going bananas, and we were running at 200 kph. We spotted our port, and in true BLACK MAMBA fashion, we made it... A nanosecond before they shot the pyro.

CLUTCHNESS.

This, my friends, is what it means to be a fan. Braving the traffic - vehicular and human, stopping time, running at the speed of light just to see Kobe Bryant. The show was short, but sweet nevertheless. I hope that means Kobe will be back for more.

The event was electric (ah, did I say that already? Well, it truly was). Nike Philippines really knows how to throw a party! It was a dream being there... Surreal... It felt good... Something spiritual, actually.

Like our dude Mong said, how often can you see Kobe that close... And how much would your seats at Araneta cost at Staples? Gospel truth preached.

So with that said, I would like to take this moment to thank everyone who made this possible for me:

Nike Philippines (Sir Tony, Miss Mae, everyone at swoosh city),
Titan (Raoul, Dennis, the family... Thank you for the love), and
Marc (I owe you, pare!)


A sea of Gold and Purple
1

Every superhero needs a logo
2

ENTER THE MAMBA!
3

YO!!!!
4

Bianca G, tho.
5

Just beautiful...
6

A little convo with Kobe before the game
7

Kobe on the Jumbotron
8

UAAP All-Stars up against the national team SMART GILAS.
9

Mackeh! #TEAMCLUTCH
10

Marc and Martin #TEAMCLUTCH
11

Warming up
12

In a lot of ways, it was also "THE KIEFER RAVENA SHOW"!
13

Kiefer at it again!
14

Kiefer dishes to RR.
15

OH SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!!! Kobe suiting up!
16

I dub thee: Nike Zoom Kobe 6 "Manila".
17

Mamba...
18

Can't...
19

Miss. Part 1
20

Mamba...
21

Can't
22

Miss. Part 2.
23

Mamba...
24

Can't...
25

Miss. Part 3.
26

Mamba...
27

Can't...
28

Miss. Part 4.
29

Mamba...
30

Can't...
31

Miss. Part 5.
32

Tip-Off!
33

Kobe to Slaughter!
34

35

36

Lutz in a lots of trouble!
37

38

39

40

41

42

ALL DAY BABY!!!
43

He be hurtin', son!
44

The Mamba...
45

About...
46

To...
47

Go...
48

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!!!
49

About to go...
50

51

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM... Again!!!
52

53

54

The patented Kobe jumpshot. Perfection!
55

Marc and Martin ready to put all that Kobe knowledge to the test!
56

Me, Camille, Mark, Marc, Mackie, and Kris. MACKIE'S TIFFS KILLING IT!!!
57

SIDENOTE: I stanned on @MarquissGRAE like a mofo earlier that night when I pulled the GRAE album outta my backpack. Yes, I carry it around. #idol (Photo by @Spiltmillc)
57A

Moy of weLegendary, Yessir!!! Is that "The New Guy"? Nice meeting you!
58

Hahahahaha!!! MARQ(uiss), MARK, and MARC! #markymarkallday
59

Me, Marc, Mong, and Mackie. SNEAKERS!!!
60

T-SHIRT TIME!!! lockerroomlegends x yourdailydoseofmarc (Photo by @MarcusProlifik)

What I wore. I GOT THIS!!!
62

So there! Thank you again Nike Philippines, Titan, and your dailydoseofmarc.com!

Also see the KOBE BRYANT TAKE EVERY ADVANTAGE TOUR through the lenses of our friends:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails