8.01.2011

ALL wL DO IS WIN /// weLEGENDARY 3RD ANNIV SALE RECAP




For a blog that is deeply influenced by basketball, LOCKER ROOM LEGENDS' very first entry, ironically, was about a skate shoe. It was a pair of Brown Rattan Janoskis that was given to me by Nike Ph and weLEGENDARY as prize in NikeTalk's 11th Anniversary raffle (see LOVE AT FIRST SKATE).

In a lot of ways, weLEGENDARY has helped shape the way I enjoy shoes and it has expanded my taste in footwear. I used to be adamant about not wearing skate shoes - really because I don't skate. My SB knowledge is next to zero, and I'm afraid I might make myself look like a clown by rockin' it the wrong way. I might not do the culture any justice by wearing a chill pair my way.

But wL made me go against myself. Not by force, mind you... Rather they started dismantling my conviction and philosophy with their warm and kind vibe. like, "It's okay, buddy. We like to rock our joints the same way you do: 'I DON'T GIVE A F#CK' style".

When I won that raffle, I trusted Jojo to pick me a good pair for my prize. Being honest about not knowing a thing about SBs, he nodded and assured me he got me covered. Boom! A week later, he got me the Janoskis. I'm not sure about the other winners, but I never considered selling that pair out of respect. It sat on top of my shelf for a month, then I rocked it. The game has never been the same since.

First time I ever set foot inside wL RONAC, Moy made me feel at home, chatted a bit about fitteds and snapbacks.

Went to Davao a few months back, and Mark was kind enough to tweet me good places to see and good food to eat... So I returned the favor and visited wL MTS where Killian welcomed me with Davao's trademark fam vibe.

weLegendary, in some way, has done the same for you... One way or another, they've made you feel like YOU're part of the team. Something positive... Something powerful.

No wonder they got THAT much love. Happy, excited customers 2 floors deep!

3 years is not a long time. And for them to gather that much love that fast says a lot about the store, the people behind it, and the folks who support the culture. So with that, I raise my henny cup to weLEGENDARY...

Thank you!

Ok, I might have overcompensated my lack of documentation with that long ass write up. LOL! Here, check out what happened last saturday! Congrats again, wL! On to the pics!


Around 15:00. Line still long, and people still flocking.
 Though everyone's tired, no frowns here! LOYAL.
LDPeeps holdin' down UNSCHLD! Congrats to Abra for snagging the free Blazer! Also to RJay: The new BAWSE of UNSCHLD!
View from Titan.
Last name: Ever. First name: Greatest. Middle name: Shawarma Rice. #Shabby's y'all!
Jojo on crowd control duties!
"I'M DA BEYST... MAYNE! I DEED IT!"
@MarcusProlifik and @RJBarjay did a great job holding the fort!
ZOBEL REPRAZYEEEENT! Ninks, Jonat, Ronald, and Sandy! Ayo, watch out for my boy Ninks... He be blowin' up real soon.
Love birds Mackie and Bradley!
THE KINGS. Mackie x PhD x Mr. Soulfiesta x Deranged Poet x Chrizo x Prolifik. Araneta Dreams, RONAC version. Word to Mike Swift. #STANMOMENT
 #TEAMCLUTCH doing damage! Marc in the Grapes, yours truly in the Concords. 'F them blue, icey soles! We like 'em yellow. #realtalk (via @MarcusProlifik)
After the dopeness that is the wL sale, we decided to chill for a while before heading to our CAPTAIN AMERICA 22:00 showing. Yes, that's what my girl and I google. #TRUESTORY
 At my good friend Junior's birthday alcohol fest. Cess x Ces sandwich... My body is ready.
Like Eli... He deed it. Junior getting his Eli-face on.
 Charles and Yo. Good times!
 On our way home... Old Box/New Box.

2 comments:

  1. Dope photos bro! Dope writeup too.. See you friday! brraaap!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Friday potnah! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails