7.24.2012

CONVERSE AUCKLAND RACER REMIX

Photobucket

Last week, I told you about my visit to ConversePH's HQ (see INVASION: CONVERSE PH HEADQUARTERS). They were generous enough to bless me with a pair right before I went out their door,  so I decided to return the love and rock the pair for a week then blog about it.
Photobucket

Here it is - The Converse Auckland Racer Remix.
Photobucket

The "Remix" is the lighter, tougher, sleeker, and more flexible reincarnation of the classic Auckland Racer. As the name suggests, it is re-engineered to meet the current market's demand for lighter and more breathable trainers and runners.
Photobucket

Here's a quick visual breakdown of the shoe: An overview of the upper.
Photobucket

Stylized heel cups.
Photobucket

The very sleek toe tip.
Photobucket

The Star Branding in a flexible, elastic material against a very light, breathable mesh upper.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

The toe box, in the same breathable mesh upper material.
Photobucket

Brand new body... Same old soul.
Photobucket

Rear elevation.
Photobucket

Un-DS'd them in the office. Rocked without delay!
Photobucket

The very first thing I noticed was how comfortable these were. My feet were cradled perfectly, and my weight was evenly distributed.
Photobucket

These felt so good on feet, I almost forgot how good they look! It rides like a Phantom, but looks like an Aventador. If you don't know cars, look it up. You'll see what I mean. :)
Photobucket

Weekday work to weekend hustle. I rocked them last Saturday at the Deck at Ronac - a lazy, rainy afternoon. You might be thinking I'm crazy for putting them on on a wet, wet day... It's just that I love them so much that I don't want to roll out the house without them on.
Photobucket

Met with friends that evening, had dinner and saw The Dark Knight Rises.
Photobucket

Shoe so dope, it goes well with everything!
Photobucket
Photobucket

The following morning, I decided to take it for a run. It's not called RACER for nothing, right? Might as well take it for a spin.
Photobucket
The Auckland Racer Remix performs like a dream. It's a race car you can put on your feet. It's extremely light without being flimsy. The breathable mesh does its job of keeping your feet cool, at the same time it gives your foot enough room to expand and flex.

Wore them one last time earlier. I was at a site meeting and I was impressed by its toughness. It's heavy-duty enough to handle the rubble and harsh terrain of a construction site. Surprisingly strong for a shoe that is incredibly light.
Photobucket

To conclude my week with the shoe, only one thought comes to mind: "I WANT ANOTHER PAIR."

I want to double up on this Navy/Orange joints, then cop both the Grey/White and Black/Red alternates!

I need another pair not because I've beaten mine to death (matter of fact, if you check out the shoe, it's still in good shape), but because IT IS THAT GOOD!

It's light, it's strong... It looks sexy! What's there to hate? I would go as far as saying this is probably the most comfortable shoe I've ever worn... If it isn't, then it made me forgot about Top 1. But for sure, the Auckland Racer Remix is up there in my Top 3 Comfort-Design shoe of all time.

If you're the type that runs casually but often, this shoe is perfect because it's comfortable, light, yet durable. Not to mention affordable! For Php 3,990.00, you get to put on a sexy sports car on your feet.

Something worth mentioning - if you are planning to buy, try it on first. I went half a size up and the fit was perfect. Your feet will surely be different from mine, so check it first... But it's something worth looking at.

The Converse Auckland Racer Remix is now available at select Converse Retailers and partner department stores. Go get 'em!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails