9.10.2012

A DAY IN THE LIFE, Vol. "HONG KONG HAUL"

Photobucket
It's not much of a haul, but I think it is worth sharing.

I just got back from a quick trip to Hong Kong. I was not able to go to any of the usual spending stops because we had to follow a very tight schedule. It was fun nonetheless.

I was able to cop a couple of things that I think made my quick trip special. Thank God for dope HK newsstands!

Photobucket

This magazine called TAO features the very best of the Hong Kong's Street Culture and Urban wear. I am assuming that this is a monthly publication.


In this issue, the magazine had a 5-page feature on the ever famous SUPREME. Focusing on the brand's F/W 2012 line-up, TAO also did a mini-timeline spread on the most swag-jacked brand in the scene.
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Aside from Supreme, the magazine also did a feature on sweet Rolexes, the latest Audi to hit HK, and the NSW X APC capsule collection. Tao is a magazine after my own heart.
Photobucket
Photobucket

On our way home, my brother and I were walking around the airport looking for last minute stuff that we can bring home. I saw this at the terminal's 7-Eleven. I just had to cop it.

It was A BATHING APE's F/W 2012 look-book. Complete with all the BAPE brands - A Bathing Ape, Bape Ladies', Ursus Bape, and Mr. Bathing Ape - as well as collab projects with other brands such as UNDFTD.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
The BAPE LADIES' collection (and model) reminded me so much of my girlfriend... Got her name written all over it.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Here's the best part, though. If you've copped fashion and urban magazines in Tokyo or Singapore, you would be familiar with this. It's typical for most greater asian publications to attach freebies to their mags... But not just regular freebies - these things are highly collectible and coveted.

In this case, the BAPE look-book came with a folding organizer and a mobile bag... In camo. So ill! All for free. It came in this bag.
Photobucket
The goods. Perfect for travel...
Photobucket
Or smuggling hash.
Photobucket

I find it cool that some of our Asian neighbors have these publications readily available everywhere; it just goes to show that this so-called subculture is anything but a SUB-culture. Territories like Hong Kong and Singapore have received it to mainstream consciousness... And that is a very powerful public co-sign. An appreciation that I hope will follow suit here in the Philippines.

One thing's for sure, though: we're on our way there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails