2.27.2012

A DAY IN THE LIFE, Vol. "WELL OILED MACHINE"

Right after Titan Taft's opening, I hung out with Cess and her girl friends. I wasn't my usual self and I felt so lethargic in the party... Alcohol did not do the trick, and I was not in the mood for coffee.

I felt so light-headed. And then I realized I never had a decent meal all day. I realized it right after I brought my girl home, which meant I was already alone in the car... and I had a gastronomic free pass to eat whatever I want!

This came to mind!

Sometimes lavish dishes and expensive flavors take a back seat to nostalgia and the familiar. BURGER MACHINE was very much part of my childhood. My father was a professional race car/rally car driver back in the TRD days of Dante Silverio and Team Toyota, and I can remember, whenever he would take me to their garage, a hulking piece of colorful metal stood prominently outside. I wasn't sure if it was the smell of grilled burgers or gasoline... But it smelled good. So my father would buy me a burger just to get me out of the dangerous pit.

They say when you're hungry everything tastes good so don't quote me on this: The burger I had that night, was the best burger I ever had. Yes sir. I felt like a kid again.

///

The chef grilling my Jumbo Bartburger... Buy one, get one.
Photobucket

My body is ready.
Photobucket

Does not look like it, but it can satisfy a really hungry belly.
Photobucket

Fried bread, grilled meat, coleslaw, and extra cheese. Cardiac arrest never looked nor tasted this good.
Photobucket

A day in the life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails