11.27.2011

LOCKOUT LEGENDS

So what's up with y'all? I've have been really busy with a bunch of projects, but life's been good all around. Just got home from Korea, one of the most charming places I've been to... Really nice people (yes, OG Koreans are the exact opposite of PI Koreans... True story), Seoul people are so nice that they're running a close 2nd to Davao folk... And they're closing the gap fast.

Anyway, it's been a while since my last post, and I'm assuming you've heard of the Association finally closing a deal and "unlocking out" the league. I just crawled out from under a rock that I was in for the past week and I haven't heard nor read the details of the 15 hour meeting, so right now excuse me for assuming that the December 25 league start is still tentative.

Regardless of it's "up in the air" status, I would like to celebrate this triumph with a short list of the people and moments that made the lockout less... hmm.. Excrutiating.

1. SMART ALL-STAR TEAM
 Photobucket
With the dark cloud of the Lockout looming over the NBA, The Manila hoops scene was still as bright as ever... If not brighter than ever. The leagues up and coming phenoms as well as their brightest and highly decorated stars showed up in the newly christened Smart-Araneta Coliseum to celebrate the game and the passion.

The rest as they say is history. Were you there?




2. LOCAL HOOP LEAGUES, CHARITY PICK-UPS AND THE PROS THAT WENT HARD FOR THE GAME. #KevinDurant

You've seen the vids in YouTube, you've heard it at sports and inuman chatter, you may have witnessed it in person... The greatness and spectacle of the "season that never was" was truly worthy of a hall of fame induction.

I don't even know where to start.

But lemme tell you something: If I had to pick an MVP for the "LOCKOUT SEASON", it would be this dude:

Click the banner above to see how he damaged Rucker Park!



3. "BASKETBALL NEVER STOPS" NIKE AD CAMPAIGN

My favorite sportswear brand knew how to empathize and sympathize with their millions of heart-broken hoop fans. In a classy and almost subliminal campaign, Nike single-handedly urged everyone that basketball does not end, nor start with the NBA.

The spotlight does not shine on the one who gets paid the fattest, nor most followed on twitter... It shines for the one that wants it the most.




And last but not the least,



4. DEREK FISHER
Photobucket
The rock and the leader of my Lakers was a class act the entire ordeal. I could go on and on and on how he was instrumental in making it all happen for us... But I'm sure you true hoop fans that appreciate a little class and dignity in life and the game already know.

If you have a chance of getting a copy of his semi-autobiography/book on life and basketball, I suggest you cop it right away. It would be really hard not to respect the man after reading it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails